Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 20 cocktails.
- For the spiced apple juice:
- 2 quarts pure apple juice (2 l)
- 1/2 lemon (juice only)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- You will need:
- 1 bottle dry vermouth
- 1 bottle young Dutch jenever (or gin)
- 1 bottle amaretto
- To mix each cocktail:
- 1 part spiced apple juice
- 1/2 part dry vermouth
- 1/2 part young Dutch jenever (or gin)
- 1 tsp amaretto
- 1 green apple, washed and finely sliced
To make the cocktail, add the spiced apple juice, vermouth and jenever to a mixing carafe, along with the amaretto. Stir with a cocktail mixing bar spoon. Alternatively, add the ingredients to an iced-filled cocktail shaker and shake until combined.
Pour or strain into a martini glass and decorate with a thin slice of green apple. Serve cold.