Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yield: Serves 8.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/2 tsp speculaas spices (or ground five spice or pumpkin pie- or gingerbread spice)
- 1 tbsp dried chili flakes
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 tbsp regular olive oil for drizzling
- TO SERVE:
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup (15 g) chopped flat leaf parsley (optional)
Drizzle with a good glug of olive oil. Use your hands to work the oil through the vegetables, so that they are well-coated. Season with the spices, chilli flakes, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Bake for at least 45 minutes. The butternut squash is done when soft and burnished brown in spots. Drizzle with good extra virgin olive oil, season with sea salt and strew with freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley. Serve warm.
30 More Butternut, Pumpkin & Winter Squash Recipes from Around the World: