I called this soup Spring Pea Soup because it is light and refreshing, with a minty lift, just like spring. This doesn't mean that you can't enjoy it throughout the year -- on the contrary. It's great served with crusty white bread and plenty of freshly chopped chives.
- 3 cups frozen peas (400 g)
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable stock (1 liter)
- 3 tbsp crème fraiche, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped chives
In a large soup pot, boil the peas in the stock for five minutes. Add the crème fraiche, mint and salt and pepper. Puree smooth in a food processor or with a stick blender. Pass through a sieve. Top with chopped chives and a small dollop of crème fraiche. Serve the Spring Pea Soup with crusty white bread.
If, like me, you like your soup smooth and pretty, pass it through a sieve before serving. This is optional and the soup is perfectly edible without this step.